Two brews bottled today, my Kottbusser and my SO’s Riesling. The Kottbusser was brewed a few weeks ago on the Ruby Street Brewing prototype brew sculpture and the batch split. I fermented mine cool, pseudo-lagered it and used liquid yeast. The other half was fermented with dry yeast sprinkled on top of the aerated wort. In a couple weeks I’ll compare with the other brewer’s beer to see how it came out.
The Riesling has been fermenting for a while. We got the juice out on the Western Slope of Colorado, fermented cool and got a very fruity, tart wine, very nice according to guests who got a barrel taste a few nghts ago. We got 24 bottles out of it, should be good!
Equipment this posting is thermometers. I answered a post at Brewer’s Friend a few days ago about thermometers. My recommendation is this one:
The thermometer isn’t waterproof, as I discovered when I dropped this one’s twin in my mash. But once dried out, it worked fine! Love its accuracy, +/- 0.5 degrees F. It’s small probe makes for a fast read and it ships with a calibration record:
In both tets following calibration it tested 0.1 degree low. I can live with that! It’s inexpensive at around $30 and does the job well. Recommended.